Welcome to Matthews Auctioneers' online bidding platform. Below are the terms and conditions that apply to all transactions. By using this site, you agree that: (1) You have read and agreed to the terms & conditions; (2) You understand these terms & conditions, and; (3) You are bound by these terms & conditions in the use of this site.
These terms & conditions, together with
- Any additional terms and conditions specific to a particular auction
- terms & conditions anywhere else on the site constitute an agreement between Matthews Auctioneers and the user. Therefore, these terms & conditions can only be changed or waived by an authorized agent of Matthews Auctioneers.
2. Use of the Site
2.1 Registration: To register and place bids on this site, you must complete the following; (1) provide, among other things, your name, phone number, email address, and a valid credit card. By registering on this site, you agree to be added to our text & email notification list automatically. You may unsubscribe from this list at any time by following the instructions in the message.
2.2 Exclusion of Users & the rejection of bids: Matthews Auctioneers reserves the sole right to accept or reject a bidder from its site for any reason, including the following reasons; (1) Violation of any of the terms & conditions; (2) Suspected fraudulent activity.
2.3 Placing A Bid: By placing a bid in an auction, you are making an irrevocable offer to purchase that item at the price set forth. ONCE A BID IS PLACED, IT CAN NOT BE RETRACTED FOR ANY REASON.
2.4 Item Inspection: All items will be available for inspection before the close of the auction. Matthews Auctioneers highly recommends that you inspect the item in person before bidding. By placing a bid on an item, you agree that you have inspected the item and understand the condition of the item. Failure to inspect before bidding shall not be the fault of Matthews Auctioneers.
2.5 Closing Times: Closing times for each item shall be posted on each item, excluding any extended bidding. End times may change without notice.
2.6 Extended Bidding: An item shall enter extended bidding when a bid is placed in the final 30 seconds of the item's close, then 1 minute shall be added to the time remaining. An item shall close when no bids are placed within the last 30 seconds.
2.7 Winning Bid: The user who entered the highest bid will complete the item purchase following the terms & conditions. The user's credit card will be charged for the full amount of the invoice. The only exclusion will be for items that are sold with a reserve, which shall be disclosed in the item details. All invoices must be paid within 24 hours of the auction's close. Any items not paid within 24 hours of the auction close will be resold.
2.8 Item Removal: All items must be removed according to the terms of each auction. Failure to do so can result in the loss of the item without payment.
2.9 Item Condition: Items shall be marked as one of the following four conditions;
- Like New - These are items that appear in new condition. The item may have been out of the box but does not appear to be used. We have not checked these items for completeness or functionality. These items include a 3-day warranty. Matthews Auctioneers reserves the right to issue a refund or a credit for future purchases.
- Open Box - These items may have been used but show no obvious signs of damage. These items may or may not have been tested for functionality. These items are sold with a 48 hr warranty from the time of pickup. If an item does not work or has undisclosed damage, you may return it for future auction credit. No refunds will be issued.
- Damaged/Incomplete - These items have damage or are incomplete. Items may still be functional. All these items are sold AS-IS with no refunds or credits ever given.
- Estate/Consignment - These come from estates and are assumed to work unless listed otherwise. Sold AS-IS unless listed otherwise.
2.10 Buyer's Premium & Sales Tax - 5.3% VA Sales Tax will be charged on all eligible items unless the buyer is exempt. You may email your certificate to email@example.com. A 13.5% buyer's premium will be charged on all auctions except VT Surplus.
3. Pallet Grades
A. A. - The pallets marked A grade are considered mostly new. We do not guarantee that you will not find something in the pallet that is damaged etc. All pallet sales are final.
B. B. Pallets marked B grade are considered straight store returns. You may find new, used, damaged & non-working items. We have not tested or sorted these pallets in any way. Buying bulk pallets does involve some risk. It is highly recommended that you inspect the pallets in person before bidding. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS GIVEN ON PALLETS.
C. C. Pallets marked C Grade have been sorted by one of our sorting teams. The items in these pallets were rejected for individual sale. Most or all of the items in these pallets will be damaged, non-working, missing parts, or of low value. Buying bulk pallets does involve some risk. It is highly recommended that you inspect the pallets in person prior to bidding. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS GIVEN ON PALLETS.